Debian on ThinkPad, at Oscar's, etc.

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:37:25 -0800

I'm running Debian on an
IBM ThinkPad T40p TYPE 2373-G1U
I'll be at the meeting at Oscar's Hot Dogs - complete with that laptop.
There's some pretty good information on the Internet about using LINUX
in general and Debian specifically on the T40p, and ThinkPad systems in
general, e.g.:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html
http://www.newt.com/debian/thinkpad-t40p/
http://arg0.net/users/vgough/suse-t40p.html
http://www.thunk.org/tytso/linux/t40.html
http://zodiac.dnsalias.org/misc/t40p.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/
http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=82936
Some of those references help me out significantly (in both purchase
decision, and some set-up details) ... I suppose there are perhaps a few
other details I figured out on my own that makes life with Debian on
ThinkPad (at least T40p TYPE 2373-G1U) work much better.