Heard from the HURD?

Jim Franklin jfranklin@etworld.com
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:48:25 -0700

Hi folks,
  I've been trying the last couple of days to subscribe to the
debian-hurd mailing list.  Four attempts, four failures.  I subscribed
to the debian-python mailing list without problem so it isn't my
machine.  I've contacted the listmaster at debian but haven't received a
reply yet.  Is there a secret password or secret handshake or something
I'm missing?
  Has anyone had a chance to try out debian GNU/HURD yet?  It's supposed
to be fairly stable I hear and the architecture (eg transparent ftp,
Mach4 microkernel) sounds intriguing.  Anybody hurd anything?

Jim